Getting your storage areas organized
During Spring Break, we enjoyed a chilly bike ride and the start of Spring sports. Come on spring weather! Talking of which, my son wanted to pull out his baseball tee out of the garage. It was not an easy task!
Our garage is a small space, not big enough for a car, but big enough to hold our summer items: patio furniture, grill, and other garden items. Not to mention we got a Kayak this fall, which is another large item in our small garage.
Getting ready for summer
Once May approaches the garage will become much more spacious as we transfer our patio furniture and grill back outside. I take the time to reorganize for summer and assess the items. For instance, do the bikes still fit the kids? Do they need a tune up?
I set up the bike station so that the kids have easy access to their favorite summer wheels. I move the garden items back down from the top shelve and set up an easily accessible garden station. This spring, follow my four easy steps and get your garage, shed or storage area ready for the summer:
1) Purpose. Determine what the purpose of the space is. Do you need to fit a car in? Do you need a work station for car, building, or gardening stuff? Is it a holding space for all the water activities? Is it a holding space for bikes and all the parts? Will it hold camping gear? Is it a kid storage space too?
2. Layout. Once you figure out the space the next step is to determine the layout. Poisons, gas, oil, chemicals need to be kept out of reach of kids. Do you have a high space for those items? Think vertical spaces, there are lots of products that will keep garage items off the ground.
3. Sort. Do you need to keep the broken lawn equipment? NO! How many soccer balls do you really need? Make categories of like items, then determine how much space you have. Do you have toom for them all? Are you keeping items that you don’t really use?
4. Organize. This is the fun part! Create a tool area, garden area, storage area, and bike area – or whatever area you need, be it camping, or sports area,
Products to make it easy to be organized.
Here are few of my favorite Garage Products:
- 5 Bike Bicycle Floor Parking Rack Storage Stand by Cycling Deal
- Delta Cycle Michelangelo Two-Bike Gravity Stand Storage Rack
- SUP Rack | 3 Paddleboard Wall Storage | StoreYourBoard
- Sports Organizer-Hang bats, store balls, store outdoor shoes, keep all handy in one spot by HC
- Topeakmart 3 pack Heavy Duty 5 Tier Commercial Industrial Racking Garage Shelving Unit Adjustable Display Stand
I also love this company for garage storage solutions. You can do it yourself and pick and choose the pieces you want https://organizedliving.com/freedomrail-garage